Sunday, January 21, 2018

Commitment

It’s like my inner darkness outside.  I lay here in my bed contemplating where the my own darkness ends, and the night darkness begins.  They blend well together.  Almost like a relationship.
As I lay here, the word commitment begins to flow in a soft halo behind my eye lids. Commitment.  Commitment.  Commitment.
A younger, naive part of me believes that word means a companionship, or relationship.  Maybe even “Marriage”.  That younger part of me is a strong argument for that kind of understanding.  Simplistic.  Innocent.  Uneducated.
The older me, the one who has learned the beauty and ugliness of commitment, has found another path.  Another understanding.  A more grounded thinking of that word.
I have learned to be committed to...me.
My commitment is to me myself and I.
I commit to being a better version of myself today than I was yesterday, or a week ago; or even a lifetime ago.
I commit to understanding there is always another option, and YES!  Failure is totally acceptable and is at some points, the only option.
I commit to learning and processing every mistake, missed opportunity, FAILURE.
I commit to knowing I am perfectly imperfect and I have time to improve.
I commit to grow continually.  To challenge myself; to be more than even I think I can be.
I commit to being softer, but still fierce.
I commit to try to be unapologetic, to stand strong against all the word winds  that disagree and contradict.
I commit to knowing that being alone, isn’t a bad thing, or the end of the world.
I commit to love myself, and others.
I commit to The Golden Rule.
I commit to not let other hold me back from my dreams, my goals, wishes and secrets.

Commitment.  To thine own self, be true.

Whatever comes next, I’m committed.

No comments:

Post a Comment