Sunday, January 7, 2018

Time...

Time is a silly, wonderous thing.

It passes by, silent, observant in it’s moment.  Another second, poof.  Gone.  Did you notice?
Do you feel it ticking?  How unique that chime must be.  Time must have it’s own sound.  Incomprehensible to man.  It must have it’s own touch, smell and taste.
Time must be elusive.

And yet...

Time grants us the beauty of growth.  The impossibleness of teaching patience.  It allows us to feel it stop; just for a second.  It grants us a second.  Think about that.  If I saw you, time would give me one second to memorize you, to engrain you into my mind.  To allow you to exist in my realm of reality.

What a gift  to process.  Time allowed me to wait to find you and vice versa.  Time allowed me to remember your flawed smile, your twinkle; and time gave me years to get to know you.
You may be one, or you may have been many.  That is my secret.

The best thing about time, is how it allows you to heal.  To remember, to mourn and grieve.  To smile and laugh.  To be angry.  To cry.  Time allowed us to be us; together and apart.  I have memories upon memories of the good, the bad, the indifferent.

Time is no man’s friend.  It only allows for so much to be done in a finite moment. It moves on relentlessly as we object to it’s progression.  We yearn for longer moments, for things to stay the way they are.  Time is cruel in its advancement.  There is the lesson.

We cannot stop the tides of time, nor change them.  We can accept and realize what we truly are, and what time is.
Time is magic.

Don’t waste the precious little we have.  I won’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment